Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Senior Year

Tomorrow (I guess today, since it's after midnight now) is the start of my senior year of high school.  Personally, I'm quite glad to be going back to school.  Summer break lasted like, 3 months this year.  I couldn't wait for school to start so I could have something to do!  On the other hand, I suppose I kind of needed that long break, what with my hectic junior year.  Seriously, between studying for three different standardized tests, memorizing dozens of psychological terms in my AP class, and spending FOREVER trying to understand physics techniques when I had literally no grasp of trig or word problems, it would be an underestimate to say that I was worn out.  Thank God that's over; I do NOT want to relive that nightmare again.  Honestly, junior year was a living hell.

Hopefully senior year is better (fingers crossed!)

I'm taking a lot of honors and AP classes this year.  Let me amend that: all my core classes are AP or honors.  The only classes that are not AP or honors are my electives, and that's only because they didn't offer AP or honors for that.  I'm taking AP science, AP math, and honors grammar.  And (drum roll, please) I am also taking a class at the college through Concurrent Enrollment!  I'm taking Japanese Language I.  I've wanted to learn Japanese for a long time, so I'm very excited.  On top of being my top ranked elective, it's also supposed to look good on my transcript (which is also why I'm taking so many AP and honors classes).  Considering my low/average GPA and the fact that I had to drop out of physics after the first semester, I need all the help I can get.

I've heard that colleges put the most emphasize on your junior grades.  I'm really hoping that that's true, because despite my lousy grades from my freshman year, I got all A's my entire junior year (except for physics, in which I got a C despite the fact that I studied 3+ hours every day...and 4+ hours on weekends!)  I also heard they like to see improving grades.  My grades have improved tremendously over the past couple years, so hopefully they'll be looking at that, too!

But enough about grades.  This year I plan to get involved in lots of extracurriculars.  I hear colleges really want students who are "involved".  Unfortunately, for 3/4 of my high school career I was way too busy building my life around my stupid egocentric boyfriend to care about things like extracurriculars.  (Ultimately he dumped me, which caused me to enter a state of deep depression for longer than I'd like to admit.  On the bright side, at least now I can focus on more productive endeavors and don't have to worry about satisfying his every whim, so I guess all's well that ends well.)

Anyway, because I basically wasted my high school life on He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, I feel like I totally missed out on high school!  I go to high school online, but we still have social events and stuff (all of which I MISSED!!!)  I managed to go to two events after my idiot ex dumped me, but that's it.  This year I plan on squeezing every last drop of excitement I can out of my senior year.  I want the true...SENIOR EXPERIENCE!  *da da dum*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Inaniloquent Ramblings, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena