Saturday, September 3, 2011

Follow up on Senior Year

Well, school has been in session for about a week and a half, and I have to say that it is going surprisingly well.  I changed a couple of my classes (the one was AP Bio because I wasn't understanding it, and the other was an elective), I have some AP Stats and Japanese homework this weekend, and I do have to find an idea for my college essay...not to mention that I still have the big, black cloud of college gloom hanging over my head.  But besides for those few things, my senior year is great.

I'm finding out about all the clubs.  The school is having a club fair not this week but next, which I am definitely going to.  I have already decided on the following clubs:

  • Anime Club

  • Gaming Club (already doing this)

  • Asian Culture Club

  • Peer Mentor Club (very recently joined)

  • Book Club (maybe)


And I also plan to start a Korean drama club.  And the school is starting a school newspaper, so I'm volunteering to be editor-in-chief for that.  I have to kind of "try out" for that by submitting a piece of my nonfiction writing.  Considering that I've never really written anything COMPLETELY nonfiction (well, except this blog), I will probably be working on that this weekend.  (Although I have never written anything completely nonfiction, I did once write a slightly exaggerated story of how my boyfriend was cheating on me.  At the end he was vaporized by aliens.  In fact, I tried to get it published back in February.  Rather unfortunate that I didn't win that contest...)

It would be really great if I could get on the school newspaper.  It would be really REALLY great if I could be editor-in-chief.  Considering that I want to be an English major, not only would being editor-in-chief be good experience for that but it would also look really good on my college app.

So yeah, my senior year of high school sounds like it's going to be very eventful and fun.  (Remember that I'm trying to get every last bit of fun I can out of my senior year.  I'm striving for the true senior experience!)

But most probably the best part of my senior year so far is THE TIME!!!  It's so nice!  Instead of cramming ALL THE TIME for classes that I don't understand, I can actually do other things!  I actually have time to take showers regularly, eat 2+ meals a day, AND get over 6 hours of sleep on the weekend.  How cool is that?

And not only do I have time for life necessities (which I was kind of skipping during my junior year due to physics), I also have time for fun.  Yes, I can do real, actual fun activities during the school year!  Do you know that I actually had time to watch anime last night?  That's right, I could actually watch anime during the school year!  I haven't been able to do that since my sophomore year!  Awesome awesome awesome!

I have time to play computer games, video games, watch anime, read...it's so incredibly AWESOME!!!  I would also have time to play WoW, if only I had renewed my subscription time (soooo scatterbrained...I'm always forgetting when my pre-paid time cards expire, lol).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Inaniloquent Ramblings, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena