Monday, September 19, 2011

Utterly Random Post!

Yeah, in case I haven't mentioned it already, I'm kind of a night owl.  I usually go to bed about now, but tonight I decided to write a completely and utterly random post before that!

It seems like I spent the entire night doing school.  I think it's because...surprise!...I was doing school.  (Since I do school online, I totally have the freedom to stay up all hours of the night working on my homework.  Which is pretty nice for me, right?)  It honestly took me FOREVER.  I didn't finish until a little after 3:00AM, I believe (it usually doesn't take me that long, but I kind of got really caught up in my Computer Sci. assignment, heh heh...)

Anyway, by the time I finished I decided to play WoW for a little while.  I didn't even realize it was 4:00AM until they began the countdown.  You know, the, "We're updating the game now and starting a countdown.  So here's your chance to get to a safe place so you don't get killed by monsters when we automatically disconnect you from the server at the end of the countdown."

I wonder if they specifically hire people to do the countdown?  Do you think they pay people to do that and that only?  Because I could definitely do something like that.  I'm up at this time anyway, right?

Nevermind, I bet you have to be 18 or older.

It seems like all jobs anymore require you to be 18 or older.  Even jobs with the most menial task require you to be 18 or older!  Want to work at a game store?  Sorry, you need to be 18+.  Want to be one of those people in movies walking in the background?  (And yes, I did once see a job for that.)  Sorry, even though you've known how to walk since you were 1, you can't do that unless you're 18+.  How about shelving books at a library?  Nope, because even if you've been obsessively alphabetizing your books since you were 8, you're still not qualified for the job unless you're 18 or older.  I mean, WTF?!  It's totally not fair!!!

I want a job!  I want to be able to get a laptop so I can play WoW and actually see the graphics!  I want a PS3 so I can play all the video new games!  I want to have the money to pre-order the LIMITED EDITION of Sims 3 Pets!  Not to mention that I want to special order one of those umbrella-sword-canes, because they're just cool...

Anyway, in short, how am I supposed to buy cool stuff when 90%+ jobs out there require a minimal age of 18?!  Grrr...it's just not fair!

I wonder if I could file a lawsuit for age discrimination?  *Pause* Nah, you probably have to be 18 or older for that...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Inaniloquent Ramblings, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena