Thursday, August 30, 2012

This is How I Know I Need a Job

This is a list of things I do in a typical day.  Obviously my day isn't nearly so structured; these are just educated guesses of how long something takes.

A Day in the Life...

9:30AM: Finally wake up.  Slept late because I was up watching Non-stop Nyan Cat until 2AM.  Eat breakfast.  Take multivitamin and medicine that doctor gave me for focus issues.  Wash face.  Take shower.  Make bed.

10AM: Check email.  Obsessively refresh inbox for 5 minutes.  Get bored with refreshing inbox.  Go on Wikipedia...then forget why I went on Wikipedia.  Google something completely random like sdkfleoru just to see what comes up.  Check blog stats.  Go on Amazon and lust over the things I want.

10:30AM: Draw a random picture.  Play Tri Peaks Solitare online.

11:30AM: Tired of sitting down for so long.  Decide to grab my Nerf gun and pretend that I'm Leon S. Kennedy.  Try to do a kick-ass move by flipping over the couch and landing on my feet.  Doesn't work.

12:15AM: Play Resident Evil 4 on PS2.

1PM: Eat lunch.  Pace around the living room while daydreaming.

1:30PM: Suddenly hits me that I've done absolutely nothing all day.  Realize that the focus pills the doctor gave me are not helping.  Wonder how long they take to start working.  Suddenly panic and worry that I might have ADHD.  Decide that I need to do something productive RIGHT NOW as it will somehow be conclusive evidence that I do not have ADHD.

1:40PM: Look for jobs.  Realize that I've applied to just about every single place in Colorado Springs.  End up applying to only 1-2 jobs because I can't think of any other places that I haven't applied to.  Pity my lack of a life and wallow in self-pity.

2PM: Watch the Colbert Report in hopes it will cheer me up.

2:30PM: Feel happier.  Decide to research colleges and narrow down my prospective colleges list, which currently has 89 colleges on it.  I keep having to google "*name of college* Japanese language" and "*name of college* study abroad."  Get bored.  Keep getting distracted and doing other things on my computer instead.

3:15PM: Notice that my laundry pile is really high, but feel too lazy to wash clothes.  Call ex-boyfriend because I'm bored, but he doesn't answer phone.  Call 2 more times.  Still doesn't answer phone.  Consider threatening him if he doesn't answer his phone, but realize that it won't help him answer the phone right this minute.  Realize he'll probably delete the message anyway.  Check email and blog stats again.

3:30PM: Grab my fake sword that I made out of TV cardboard, glossy paper, and packing tape.  Swing it around and pretend that I'm sword fighting.  Decide to practice really hard so I can beat ex-boyfriend at mock sword fight before he goes to Tennessee.

4PM: Happily greet little sister as she arrives home from school.  Ask her how school was and if she has any homework.  She either ignores me or answers with one or two words.  Goes to her room and closes the door.  I try knocking.  She yells at me to stop annoying her.

4:05PM: Play Sims 2 or 3.

5:30PM: Go upstairs to have a light dinner.  Greet family.  Talk to my mom or little sister if she is in a conversational mood.

6:30PM: Go downstairs.  Check email again.  Remember that the anime convention is coming up in September.  Take a mental note to go to Plato's Closet and get money for my old clothes (hopefully enough to go).  Refresh email in hopes that someone replied to my book selling ad on Craigslist.  No such luck.  Pace around my room while brainstorming ideas to make money so I can go to convention.

7PM: Do more college searching, which reminds me that the ACT is coming up in October.  Go on the library catalog and place holds on study books.  Check when I have things due.

7:30PM: Watch anime.

8PM: Play Tri Peaks Solitaire.  Start to pace around my room.  Try to think of fun things I could put on my blog.  Wonder if I could make a living off of my blog so I could stop worrying about finding a job all the time.  Start imagining my life as a blogging phenomenon instead of interesting posts I could put on my blog.

10PM: My mom says goodnight to me before she goes to bed.  I check out my popcorn rock.  Become sad that it is not working.  Wonder why it is not working.  Play one of my visual novels, as a few weeks ago I got 5 on a whim -_-"  (Only after getting them did I think, "Why did I need all of these again?")

11PM: Check email.  Get ready for bed.  Decide to watch vocaloid videos on Youtube before going to bed.

1AM: Spent the past 2 hours watching random videos on Youtube.  Finally decide to go to bed.




Then I get up the next day and do absolutely nothing all over again.

And this is why I need a job.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Inaniloquent Ramblings, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena