Saturday, December 8, 2012

ED II for Smith!

So after a lot of consideration, I decided to apply ED II to Smith.
 
My pixie cut is currently in an awkward growing out stage -_-"

I spent a lot of time thinking about this!  Like, 15 minutes...but seriously, that's like a century for me!  (The longest I can concentrate on any one thing is 20 minutes tops.)

So I was just sitting at my computer one night, and I suddenly thought, "Hey, I should apply ED II to Smith!"  I was a bit wary because I haven't visited and, you know, I hate commitment and stuff.  But then I read this post on College Confidential that said, "Would you marry someone you'd never met, but only corresponded with, whose picture you saw?"  YES, I WOULD TOTALLY DO THAT!!!!!!!!!  Hence I am now applying ED II for Smith.

As of today, everyone has everything is signed and submitted, so no backing out!

LOL, I'm really excited, but have my fingers crossed that this really was a good idea and not one of those impulsive decisions that actually wasn't a good idea.  (See here.)

Applying ED has given me this sudden burst of motivation.  It's weird, because I know it's nearly impossible for me to get accepted.  I got rejected last year.  The lady at admissions told me it's highly unlikely that I'll get accepted this time.  So why am I even bothering?  I have no idea!  It's like I'm setting myself up for failure, but instead of feeling depressed like I normally would, I feel totally exhilarated!  When I work on my art portfolio now, I actually feel excited instead of the sense of dismalness I was experiencing before.

Conclusion: I've snapped, lol.  Instead of seeing my entire future hanging in the balance, now I just think, "Alright, Smith, do your worst!"  It's like I'm expecting to fail so much that the pressure of succeeding has been lifted for once in my life.

This year, I'm going all out.  I explained extenuating circumstances in my application (something that I wish I had done last year).  I put down better extracurriculars.  I'm submitting an art portfolio and creative writing samples.  Because if Smith is going to reject me again, this time it BETTER be worth it!

Don't get me wrong, even though I'm expecting rejection, I have every intention of going to Smith if I'm accepted.  Smith is my dream school.  It was basically tied with Wellesley last year and was bumped to first choice after Wellesley's completely unsympathetic EE letter.

Do I love Smith?  Do I think I would be a great fit there?  Yes, and yes.  On the other hand, I doubt that I will get accepted merely because my GPA isn't that great and I didn't take many AP classes, and one of my AP classes I failed.  And although all this was all explained in my application, like the lady from admissions said, "It doesn't change the fact that you did get that GPA and you didn't take those APs."

Still, no matter how I look at it, ED is a win-win for me!  ED improves my chances for admission, even if only a little, because I'm competing against a smaller number of applicants.  Combined with my new improved polished application, it might be enough to get me accepted.  So if by some miracle I do get that acceptance letter (estimating that to be a 10%-15% chance), WOO-HOO I SHALL BE DOING MY VICTORY DANCE IN JANUARY!!!!!!!  And if I get rejected, hey, at least I'll know by the end of January so I can move on with my life and don't have until April to get my hopes up. 

Yes, my chances are slim, but here's to hoping I get accepted!  :)  *Ahem* "May the odds be ever in my favor!"  lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Inaniloquent Ramblings, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena