Thursday, December 6, 2012

Some Great Ideas That, in Retrospect, Really Weren't

This is just a quick post, but someday I hope to illustrate this.  You know, when I'm no longer super stressed about Art Portfolio.

Some Great Ideas That, in Retrospect, Really Weren't
1. Watching an R-rated movie at 13.  (At 18 I've obviously watched numerous R-rated films.  This one was and still is the most disturbing movie I've ever watched.)
2. Continuing to go out with Ex-BF simply to irritate Rival because she had slept with him behind my back.  And then I ended up falling for Ex-BF...STUUUUUPID!!!!!!!!!
3. Riding my bike to the library at sunset, without telling anyone where I was going (and almost got lost/abducted/killed in the process).
4.  Deciding to revolve my life around Ex-BF as we would most definitely be getting married in the near future (that is, until we broke up).
5. Getting a pixie cut.  Because now, everyone on the entire planet seems to think I'm a guy.  "Excuse me, sir."  "Sorry, sir."  "Could you get that for me, mister?"  And those are some of the nicer comments.  I've also gotten, "You look like a guy," and, "Wow, you look like my ex-boyfriend!"  I'M NOT A GUY, DAMMIT!!!!!  What do I have to do, wear a sexy nurse outfit or something!?!?!?  (With my luck, they'd probably think I was a cross dressing guy.  Somehow, that's not any better.)
6.  Pulling my safety schools out of a hat senior year.
7. Stretching my gum and having it pop back up like that girl in Willy Wonka.  At 9 I practiced* this numerous times in the mirror until I ended up getting gum in my hair, which resulted in my hair having to be cut and my remaining hair smelling like peanut butter and tree oil for a week.
8. Clicking anything online that said 18+...because at 14, that really meant, "Click me now!"
9. Discovering torrents, then downloading them without any virus or maleware protection.
10. Trying to make a small explosion at 15 with the chemicals I got in my school science kit.  (It didn't work...and as to why this wasn't a good idea, I had dangerous stuff, like acid, in that kit.)



Admittedly, some of my ideas could have worked out better.  But in my defense, I've had plenty of awesome ideas!  Like starting this blog!  Or randomly asking for the autograph of this guy I didn't even know, but he looked like John Lennon!  (I still have that autograph hanging on my wall.)  Because despite my craziness, everything typically works out for the best :)


*When I was younger, my parents would often say that I was a "drama queen" and "acted too over the top."  I thought this meant, "You're a great  actor," and consequently spent a lot of time "practicing" my acting abilities.  Mainly "practicing" consisted of me mimicing people I saw on TV.  I was positive I would be at Hollywood someday, lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Inaniloquent Ramblings, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena