Monday, September 24, 2012

The Emmys and My AWESOME NEW JOB!!!!!!

Well, today was the first day (I guess officially?) of my AWESOME NEW JOB!!!!  That's right, everyone, I finally got one!

Of course, it's not like I ever had any doubt that I would eventually get a job.  I mean, like I said, I'm totally awesome and obviously the perfect employee.  (<--There's no way I'd admit any doubt in self-confidence whatsoever, even if it was true.)

Due to privacy reasons, I'm not going to say exactly where I am currently working.  I will say that I'm working at a fairly low-key retail store.

Today was my first day of work (technically) because it was my first day actually on the floor instead of in the back sitting for 6+ hours doing simulation training on the computer -_-"  Have I ever discussed my extreme dislike for sitting still doing repetitive, tedious activities for hours on end?  For the record IT SUCKS.  I can think of few things worse...except taking the SAT.  Seriously, that was a living hell.  Forget the whole fire, flames, burning-for-all-eternity thing; I would take that instead of SAT any day.  How is anyone supposed to keep intense concentration for that long?  I'm lucky if I can focus on something for 20 minutes.  In high school every 20 min. I'd switch which subjects I was studying.  Seriously, how long is the SAT?  Like, 5 hours?  Whatever, it definitely takes longer than the ACT.  I'm telling you, LIVING HELL.  And it's so ridiculous that you have to stay in your seat even if you finish early.  Seriously?  So not only must you have SUPERHUMAN FOCUS but after you finish being superhuman, you're not even allowed to move around to refresh yourself.

...shoot.  Sorry, this is what I mean by lack of focus.  I'm constantly getting distracted.  Normally I'd erase the previous paragraph, but I feel it points out some valid points about the SAT.

My feet are killing me right now.  I'm waiting for my new shoes to come in...however, because my shoes have to be a certain color, I had to wear my shoes back from writing club when I was 13.  I used to call them my "au la CHARM" shoes.  I thought it sounded French, which was obviously super sexy and cool when I was 13.  (I used to think all French guys were like Simone in Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked.  *Says following in French accent* "No gem can compare to your beauty."  LOL, it was my whole motivation for taking French freshman year.)  Anyway, since they're almost a decade old, they have no padding whatsoever and it's like walking on cement, but of course this didn't occur to me until I started working my 7 hour shift today -_-"  I ended up taking plastic bags from the cashier stand and shoving them into my shoes.  It didn't help much.  I need to get some Dr. Scholl's until my Crocs get delivered next week.

Despite being in pain all day, it was considerably better than sitting down the entire day.  Now I'm basically just standing there doing nothing the entire day, which is actually kind of boring...I was actually let off early because the store was deserted.  But hey, at least I'm allowed to move around a bit, which makes me SUPER HAPPY and improves my mood by 10! :D

I can't stand staying still for long periods of time.  It drives me crazy.  However, I refuse to let this be seen as a disadvantage; if someone asked me about it, I would brag about my ability to work out and study simultaneously, lol.

By the way...EMMYS!  I was just about to wrap up this post and forgot to even mention Emmys, which is in the title so it's not like I can just leave it out -_-" So, who watched last night?  I watched THE ENTIRE THING and was SUPER DISAPPOINTED.  No one I was rooting for won.  (T_T Nooooo...why you no win Emmy again, Peter Dinklage?)
 
Fun things seem tons more fun when you've actually accomplished something that day.  I have a terrible time relaxing and having fun because I'm a workaholic.  I've found that I will enjoy the same fun activity 10 times more after I'm done working.  Maybe because I feel like I earned it?

I have EARNED visual novel time! ^^

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Inaniloquent Ramblings, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena