Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween 2012!!!!!!!!

Let's face it, now that I'm 18 I might not have many trick-or-treating nights left.  That's why my costumes matter more than ever for these next few years!  I've been working really, really hard on my Halloween costume for the past few weeks.  Haha, I finished just in time...I was actually putting the final pieces together earlier today :)

   
Me as Red Pyramid Head!  (Silent Hill 2 version)

Okay, so the pyramid head might seem a bit too large for my body.  But all in all I think I did a pretty decent job, everything considered.  I mean, I totally winged this!  No pattern or anything :)  I made this out of a couple of giant cardboard boxes.  I put a helmet in the head to give it a bit of a boost, so it didn't look like my body was being swallowed up so much.  After a failed attempt with plaster cloth, I cut two identical swords, glued some wood in between them, and duct taped them together.  Then I spray painted everything!  The apron was made out of an old white tee shirt.  I stained it with black tea to give it the stained, off white appearance.  

You can't see it that well in the picture, but there's actually little blood droplets on the edge of the sword.  Also, please note that I went out in brown loafers, not just socks.

I think I did a pretty good job, don't you?

However, in retrospect it might have been a good idea to make a bigger hole to see out of -_-"  My parents kept saying, "Uh...how are you going to see with that on your head?  You should make two holes, or at least make that hole bigger."  But I was all, "That's NOT the way it works!  I'm Pyramid Head and Pyramid Head doesn't have two holes!  He only has a very tiny hole that a tube like thing comes out of, so if I make the hole bigger it might be too big!"

So in the end my mom ended up having to grab my arm and drag me around trick-or-treating.  Because, you know, I couldn't see -_-"  Do you know how unbalanced and anxious you get after a while, when you're in a cardboard box, and shadows are dancing in the inside of the box, and you can only see darkness out of the one small hole of the box?  It can be pretty bad.  By the time I got home I was dizzy and felt like I was going to collapse with exhaustion.

However, that also might have had something to do with my medication wearing off.  Yeah, apparently the doctor decided to try me on something else.  This was my first day on it, btw.  When it wears off I get super tired.  Imagine that you just ate an entire bag of candy and drank an entire pot of espresso.  Now imagine the crash you would experience if you did that.  That's what it's like.  The doctor encouraged me to experiment with the dosage and especially try lower doses since I'm so uber sensitive to medicine, so tomorrow I plan on splitting the pill in half and seeing how that works.  Maybe I'm just taking too much?

Anyway, I love dressing up!  When I was younger Halloween was more like, "Just give me candy!"  But now that I'm older, I actually care slightly more about my costume than free candy, as shocking as that may sound.  Every year I try to come up with something super original.  I think this year definitely tops!  :)

Halloween Throughout the Ages
2008: Vulcan hippie
2009: Vampire witch
2010: Pirate masquerader
2011: Sleepwalker
2012: Red Pyramid Head

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Inaniloquent Ramblings, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena